This course is for those who want to become emergency first aiders in the workplace.
This course meets the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) requirements for training first aiders for organisations that have identified that staff need to be trained to this level.
The qualification covers topics such as the roles and responsibilities of the first aider and how to assess an incident. The course also covers first aid skills in cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and use of an automated external defibrillator (AED), providing first aid to a casualty who is chocking and dealing with external bleeding and hypovolemic shock.
Topics covered include:
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of a first aider
- Be able to assess an incident
- Be able to provide first aid to an unresponsive casualty
- Be able to provide first aid to a casualty who is choking
- Be able to provide first aid to a casualty with external bleeding
- Know how to provide first aid to a casualty who is in shock
- Know how to provide first aid to a casualty with minor injuries
For this qualification learners must be a minimum age of 14 years old.
Must be able to communicate effectively in written and spoken English.
Assessment is by way of a practical and multiple choice assessment. For IQA reasons some assessments may be filmed for quality purposes.
At the end of the Highfield L3 Emergency First Aid at Work Course you will receive a certificate as proof of attendance outlining the course training objectives.
Our Highfield L3 Emergency First Aid at Work Courses run for 1 day.
Accommodation is not included, however this is available in the nearby towns / villages of Charmouth, Lyme Regis or Axminster. The links below provide a good selection, but early bookings are highly recommended, especially if visiting during peak season.
£93.33 GBP (Excl. VAT) / £112 GBP (Incl. VAT)