The Highfield L2 Security Officer Course is suitable for anyone who is required by a business that is conducting guarding activity to secure a building or site who may require trained security staff who hold a SIA Security officers Licence.
Topics covered include:
- Know the main characteristics and purposes of the Private Security Industry
- Understand legislation as it applies to a security operative
- Understand arrest procedures relevant to security operatives
- Understand the importance of safe working practices
- Understand fire procedures in the work place
- Understand emergencies and the importance of emergency procedures
- Understand how to communicate effectively as a security operative
- Understand record-keeping relevant to the role of the security operative
- Understand terror threats and the role of the security operative in the event of a threat
- Understand how to keep vulnerable people safe
- Understand good practice for post incident management
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of security officers
- Understand the control of access and egress
- Know the different types of electronic and physical protection systems in the security environment
- Know how to minimize risk to personal safety at work
- Understand drug-misuse legislation, issues and procedures relevant to the role of a security officer
- Know how to conduct effective search procedures
- Understand how to patrol designated areas safely
- Understand the principles of conflict management appropriate to the role
- Understand how to recognise, assess and reduce risk in conflict situations
- Understand the use of problem-solving techniques when resolving conflicts
- Be able to communicate to de-escalate conflict
The qualification is approved for people aged 16 years and older but anyone under the age of 18 will not be able to apply for a SIA Licence until they are aged 18.
Learners will need to show that they hold a current valid First Aid or Emergency First Aid certificate that meets the requirements of the Health and Safety (First Aid) regulations 1981.
Must be able to communicate effectively in written and spoken English.
Must be of reasonable health and fitness levels due to the nature of the course.
Assessment is by way of a practical and multiple choice assessment. For IQA reasons some assessments may be filmed for quality purposes.
At the end of the Highfield L2 Award for Security Officers in the Private Security Industry course you will receive a certificate as proof of attendance outlining the course training objectives.
Our Highfield L2 Private Security Officer Courses run for 5 days.
Accommodation is not included, however this is available in the nearby towns / villages of Charmouth, Lyme Regis or Axminster. The links below provide a good selection, but early bookings are highly recommended, especially if visiting during peak season.
£210.83 GBP (Excl. VAT) / £253 GBP (Incl. VAT)