The Highfield L2 Door Supervisors course is designed for anyone who would like to work as a security operative.
This licence allows you to work in retail security, static guarding, mobile patrols, festivals and events as well as a door supervisor in licenced premises.
It is designed for learners wishing to apply for a licence from the Security Industry Authority (SIA) to work as a door supervisor and is based on the relevant SIA specification for learning and qualifications.
Topics covered include:
- Know the main Characteristics and purposes of the Private Security Industry
- Understand legislation as it applies to a security operative
- Understand arrest procedures relevant to security operatives
- Understand the importance of safe working practices
- Understand fire procedures in the workplace
- Understand emergencies and the importance of emergency procedures
- Understand how to communicate effectively as a security operative
- Understand record-keeping relevant to the role of a security operative
- Understand terror threats and the role of the security operative in the event of a threat
- Understand how to keep vulnerable people safe
- Understand good practice for post-incident management
- Understand crimes relevant to door supervision
- Know how to conduct effective search procedures
- Understand drug-misuse legislation, issues and procedures relevant to the role of a door supervisor
- Understand licencing law relevant to the role of a door supervisor
- Understand queue management and venue responsibilities relevant to a door supervisor
- Know how to use equipment relevant to a door supervisor
- Understand the principles of conflict management appropriate to the role
- Understand how to recognise, assess and reduce risk in conflict situations
- Understand the use of problem-solving techniques when resolving conflict
- Be able to communicate to de-escalate conflict
- Understand physical intervention and the implications of their use
- Understand the risks associated with using physical intervention
- Understand how to reduce the risk associated with physical intervention
- Be able to use physical skills to protect yourself and others
- Be able to use non-pain compliant standing, holding and escorting techniques
For this qualification learners must be a minimum age of 18 years old.
Learners will need to show that they hold a current valid First Aid or Emergency First Aid certificate that meets the requirements of the Health and Safety (First Aid) regulations 1981.
Must be able to communicate effectively in written and spoken English.
Must be of reasonable health and fitness levels due to the nature of the course.
Assessment is by way of a practical and multiple choice assessment. For IQA reasons some assessments may be filmed for quality purposes.
At the end of the Highfield L2 Door Supervisor Course you will receive a certificate as proof of attendance outlining the course training objectives.
Our Highfield L2 Door Supervisor Courses run for 6 days.
Accommodation is not included, however this is available in the nearby towns / villages of Charmouth, Lyme Regis or Axminster. The links below provide a good selection, but early bookings are highly recommended, especially if visiting during peak season.
£233.33 GBP (Excl. VAT) / £280 GBP (Incl. VAT)