To be able to complete your Security officers course you must hold a valid First Aid or Emergency First Aid course that meets the requirements of the Health and safety (First Aid) regulations 1981.
We are offering the opportunity to be able to do a package course covering Emergency First Aid at Work prior to going on to do your Highfields Level 2 Award for Security officers in the Private Security Industry.
Highfield L2 Security Officer Course:
The Highfield L2 Security Officer Course is suitable for anyone who is required by a business that is conducting guarding activity to secure a building or site who may require trained security staff who hold a SIA Security officers badge.
Topics covered include:
- Know the main characteristics and purposes of the Private Security Industry
- Understand legislation as it applies to a security operative
- Understand arrest procedures relevant to security operatives
- Understand the importance of safe working practices
- Understand fire procedures in the work place
- Understand emergencies and the importance of emergency procedures
- Understand how to communicate effectively as a security operative
- Understand record-keeping relevant to the role of the security operative
- Understand terror threats and the role of the security operative in the event of a threat
- Understand how to keep vulnerable people safe
- Understand good practice for post incident management
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of security officers
- Understand the control of access and egress
- Know the different types of electronic and physical protection systems in the security environment
- Know how to minimize risk to personal safety at work
- Understand drug-misuse legislation, issues and procedures relevant to the role of a security officer
- Know how to conduct effective search procedures
- Understand how to patrol designated areas safely
- Understand the principles of conflict management appropriate to the role
- Understand how to recognise, assess and reduce risk in conflict situations
- Understand the use of problem-solving techniques when resolving conflicts
- Be able to communicate to de-escalate conflict
Highfield L3 Emergency First Aid at Work Course:
The Highfield Level 3 in Emergency First Aid at Work course is for people who want to become emergency first aiders in the workplace, this course meets the HSE requirements for training first aiders for organisations that have identified that staff need to be trained to this level.
The qualification covers topics such as the roles and responsibilities of the first aider and how to assess an incident.
The course also covers first aid skills in cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and use of an automated external defibrillator (AED), providing first aid to a casualty who is chocking and dealing with external bleeding and hypovolemic shock.
Topics covered include:
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of a first aider
- Be able to assess an incident
- Be able to provide first aid to an unresponsive casualty
- Be able to provide first aid to a casualty who is choking
- Be able to provide first aid to a casualty with external bleeding
- Know how to provide first aid to a casualty who is in shock
- Know how to provide first aid to a casualty with minor injuries
The qualification is approved for people aged 16 years and older, but anyone under the age of 18 will not be able to apply for a SIA Licence until they are aged 18.
Must be able to communicate effectively in written and spoken English.
Must be of reasonable health and fitness levels due to the nature of the course.
Assessment is by way of a practical and multiple choice assessment. For IQA reasons some assessments may be filmed for quality purposes.
At the end of the combined Highfield L2 Private Security Officer & Highfield L3 Emergency First Aid at Work Course, you will receive a certificate as proof of attendance outlining the course training objectives.
Our combined Highfield L2 Private Security Officer & Highfield L3 Emergency First Aid at Work Courses run for 6 Days.
Accommodation is not included, however this is available in the nearby towns / villages of Charmouth, Lyme Regis or Axminster. The links below provide a good selection, but early bookings are highly recommended, especially if visiting during peak season.
£291.67 GBP (Excl. VAT) / £350 GBP (Incl. VAT)