The Close Protection Course
The Role of a Close Protection Operative is as varied as it is challenging. As a Close protection Operative, you could find yourself protecting celebrities, politicians and diplomats, visiting dignitaries, sports stars and even royalty.
The Close protection Operative often need to deal with high pressure and sometimes-dangerous situations, which require in-depth knowledge and training.
The demand of the job dictate that our Close Protection training course covers an extremely broad range of skills.
The Highfield Level 3 Certificate for Working as a Close Protection Operative within the Private Security Industry is ideal for anyone wishing to work as a Close Protection Operative as it provides them with the necessary skills and knowledge to apply for a SIA Licence.
This qualification is based on the SIAs ‘Specifications for Learning and Qualifications for Close Protection Operatives’
The Highfield Level 3 Emergency Care for First Responders (ECFR) Course
This qualification is designed to support the roles in an environment, where the primary or secondary focus of the role involves giving emergency medical care as the first person on the scene of an accident or emergency.
Ideally suited for security operatives, close protection officers and event medical staff. As the First Person On Scene, you’ll be responsible for stabilising the condition of the patient and caring for them until help arrives.
Topics covered include:
Close Protection Course
- Roles and responsibilities of a CPO
- Threat and Risk Assessment
- Surveillance Awareness
- Operational Planning
- Law and Legislation
- Interpersonal Skills
- Physical Intervention
- Teamwork in the CP Team
- Walking Drills
- Route Selection
- Vehicle Drills
- Search Procedures
- Incidents and dilemmas
- Communication and Conflict Management skills
Highfield L3 Emergency Care for First Responders Course
- Understanding the role and responsibilities of first responders
- Be able to assess an incident and conduct casualty surveys
- Be able to manage an unresponsive casualty
- Be able to administer therapeutic oxygen therapy
- Understand when to administer nitrous oxide in line with the first responders scope of practice
- Understand how to safely handle medical gas cylinders
- Be able to recognise and manage a compromised airway
- Be able to administer first aid to a casualty with external bleeding
- Be able to recognise and manage a casualty who is in shock
- Be able to effectively assess a casualty’s condition
- Be able to recognise and manage casualty with suspected injuries to bones, muscles and joints
- Be able to recognise and manage a casualty with suspected head and spinal injuries
- Be able to recognise and manage a casualty with a suspected chest injury
- Understand how to administer first aid to a casualty with minor injuries
- Understand how sudden poisoning can occur and how to provide first aid to a casualty with sudden poisoning
- Be able to recognise and administer first aid to a casualty with a suspected medical emergency or major illness such as spinal injuries, heart attack and anaphylaxis
- CPR for adults, children and infants
- Therapeutic oxygen therapy
- Catastrophic bleeding
For this qualification learners must be a minimum age of 18 years old.
Must be of reasonable health and fitness levels due to the nature of the course.
A clean CRB/DBS check (less than 3 months old) prior to attending.
To apply for a SIA Licence you will be required to provide proof of a Level 3 medical qualification such as First Aid at Work (FAW) or above.
For those who wish to work in a hostile environment, you may be required to provide proof of a Level 3 or above trauma medical qualification, such as Level 3 First Responder Emergency Care (FREC) or Level 3 Emergency Care for First Responders.
Assessment is by way of a practical and multiple choice assessment, for IQA reasons some assessments may be filmed for quality purposes.
At the end of the CP Package course you will receive a certificate of proof of attendance outlining the training objectives in the following: Highfield L3 Certificate for working as a Close Protection Operative within the Private Security Industry and Highfield Level 3 Award in Emergency Care for First Responders.
Our Close Protection Package Courses run for 23 days.
Accommodation is not included, however this is available in the nearby towns / villages of Charmouth, Lyme Regis or Axminster.
The links below provide a good selection, but early bookings are highly recommended, especially if visiting during peak season.
£2,041.67 GBP (Excl. VAT) / £2,450 GBP (Incl. VAT)