This course has been designed to meet the individual needs and requirements of team members operating internationally in austere operating environments considered high threat such as Iraq, Afghanistan and other MENA countries.
The qualification allows learners to fully understand the roles, responsibilities and activities that they may undertake as a team medic or team member working in the Commercial Security Industry.
Topics covered include:
- Understanding the role and responsibilities of first responders
- Be able to asses an incident and conduct casualty surveys
- Be able to manage an unresponsive casualty
- Be able to administer therapeutic oxygen therapy
- Understand when to administer nitrous oxide in line with the first responders scope of practice
- Understand how to safely handle medical gas cylinders
- Be able to recognise and manage a compromised airway
- Be able to administer first aid to a casualty with external bleeding
- Be able to recognise and manage a casualty who is in shock
- Be able to effectively asses a casualty’s condition
- Be able to recognise and manage casualty with suspected injuries to bones, muscles and joints
- Be able to recognise and manage a casualty with suspected head and spinal injuries
- Be able to recognise and manage a casualty with a suspected chest injury
- Understand how to administer first aid to a casualty with minor injuries
- Understand how sudden poisoning can occur and how to provide first aid to a casualty with sudden poisoning
- Be able to recognise and administer first aid to a casualty with a suspected medical emergency or major illness such as spinal injuries, heart attack and anaphylaxis
- CPR for Adults
- Therapeutic Oxygen therapy
- Catastrophic Bleeding
For this qualification learners must be a minimum age of 18 years old.
Hold an in-date passport with a minimum of 6 months validity.
Must be able to communicate effectively in written and spoken English.
Must be of reasonable health and fitness due to the nature of the course.
Assessment is by way of a practical and multiple choice assessment, for IQA reasons some assessments may be filmed.
At the end of the FREM-T course you will receive a recognised Highfield Level 3 certificate.
Our FREM-T course runs over 5 days.
Prices will include food, accommodation, pick-up and drop off at Erbil International Airport.
Flights and Visas are the individual’s responsibility, but advice and recommendations can be provided.
Price on application.