To be able to complete your Door Supervisors course you must hold a valid First Aid or Emergency First Aid course that meets the requirements of the Health and safety (First Aid) regulations 1981.
We are offering the opportunity to be able to do a package course covering Emergency First Aid at Work prior to going on to do your Highfields Level 2 Award for working as a Door Supervisor.
Highfield L2 Door Supervisor Course:
The Highfield L2 Door Supervisors course is designed for anyone who would like to work as a security operative, this licence allows you to work in retail security, static guarding, mobile patrols, festivals and events as well as a door supervisor in licenced premises. It is designed for learners wishing to apply for a licence from the Security Industry Authority (SIA) to work as a door supervisor and is based on the relevant SIA specification for learning and qualifications.
Topics covered include:
- Know the main Characteristics and purposes of the Private Security Industry
- Understand legislation as it applies to a security operative
- Understand arrest procedures relevant to security operatives
- Understand the importance of safe working practices
- Understand fire procedures in the workplace
- Understand emergencies and the importance of emergency procedures
- Understand how to communicate effectively as a security operative
- Understand record-keeping relevant to the role of a security operative
- Understand terror threats and the role of the security operative in the event of a threat
- Understand how to keep vulnerable people safe
- Understand good practice for post-incident management
- Understand crimes relevant to door supervision
- Know how to conduct effective search procedures
- Understand drug-misuse legislation, issues and procedures relevant to the role of a door supervisor
- Understand licencing law relevant to the role of a door supervisor
- Understand queue management and venue responsibilities relevant to a door supervisor
- Know how to use equipment relevant to a door supervisor
- Understand the principles of conflict management appropriate to the role
- Understand how to recognise, assess and reduce risk in conflict situations
- Understand the use of problem-solving techniques when resolving conflict
- Be able to communicate to de-escalate conflict
- Understand physical intervention and the implications of their use
- Understand the risks associated with using physical intervention
- Understand how to reduce the risk associated with physical intervention
- Be able to use physical skills to protect yourself and others
- Be able to use non-pain compliant standing, holding and escorting techniques
Highfield L3 Emergency First Aid at Work Course:
The Highfields Level 3 Award in Emergency First Aid at Work course is for people who want to become emergency first aiders in the workplace. This course meets the HSE requirements for training first aiders for organisations that have identified that staff need to be trained to this level.
The qualification covers topics such as the roles and responsibilities of the first aider and how to assess an incident.
The course also covers first aid skills in cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and use of an automated external defibrillator (AED), providing first aid to a casualty who is chocking and dealing with external bleeding and hypovolemic shock.
Topics covered include:
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of a first aider
- Be able to assess an incident
- Be able to provide first aid to an unresponsive casualty
- Be able to provide first aid to a casualty who is choking
- Be able to provide first aid to a casualty with external bleeding
- Know how to provide first aid to a casualty who is in shock
- Know how to provide first aid to a casualty with minor injuries
For this qualification learners must be a minimum age of 18 years old.
Must be able to communicate effectively in written and spoken English.
Must be of reasonable health and fitness levels due to the nature of the course.
Assessment is by way of a practical and multiple choice assessment. For IQA reasons some assessments may be filmed for quality purposes.
At the end of the combined Highfield L2 Door Supervisor & Highfield L3 Emergency First Aid at Work Course, you will receive a certificate as proof of attendance outlining the course training objectives.
Our combined Highfield L2 Door Supervisor & Highfield L3 Emergency First Aid at Work Courses run for 7 Days.
Accommodation is not included, however this is available in the nearby towns / villages of Charmouth, Lyme Regis or Axminster. The links below provide a good selection, but early bookings are highly recommended, especially if visiting during peak season.
£392 GBP (including VAT)