The RoSPA Accredited Defensive Driving Course (DDC) is a theory and competency based training package. The course has been designed to help drivers develop an understanding of hazard and risk based thinking regarding their defensive driving techniques, helping them to minimise risk whilst driving.
As well as promoting an understanding of defensive driving principles, the course also seeks to encourage drivers to self-evaluate their own driving behaviors and understand thereafter how they are able to improve through driver education.
Topics covered include:
- Basic maintenance and fault finding
- Pre vehicle inspections (first & last parades)
- Vehicle dynamics
- Slow manoeuvre techniques
- Scanning the road ahead techniques (safe drive)
- Vehicle control using IPSGA
- Intro to Hi/Low gearbox and differential lock
- Road commentary & coaching
Candidates must meet the following:
- Must hold a full UK Driving License
- Must be aged 21 or above
- Must be able to communicate effectively in written and spoken English
- Must be of reasonable health and fitness levels due to the nature of the course
Assessment is by way of a series of practical performance assessments throughout the course, for IQA reasons some assessments may be filmed for quality purposes.
At the end of the Defensive Driver Training Course, successful candidates will receive a certificate as proof of attendance outlining the course training objectives.
Our Defensive Driver Training Courses run for 3 days.
Accommodation is not included, however this is available in the nearby towns / villages of Charmouth, Lyme Regis or Axminster. The links below provide a good selection, but early bookings are highly recommended, especially if visiting during peak season.
470 GBP (including VAT)