This course combines two unique skill sets in one course and is designed to teach, enhance and revise achieved basic skill levels of both driving and weapon handling from military, police or public sector training to a more wide-ranging level.
This course is an excellent additional option for candidates who have completed the Level 3 Close Protection Course (CPL3). It will enhance Defensive Driver Training & Weapon Skills in line with the latest current tactics, techniques and procedures (TTPs) in the hostile environment.
Topics covered include:
- Roles & Responsibilities of a Driver
- Understanding the system of vehicle control IPSGA
- Safe driver planning considerations, hazard awareness and space management
- First, last parades and planned halt checks
- Soft skin or B6 vehicle dynamics
- Driver stability control and driver aids, including IVMS
- Driver fatigue management
- Understanding time, speed and distance
- Effects of understeer / oversteer
- Weapon handling & safety aspects of weapons systems
- Common firing and alternative fire positions used in a hostile environment
- Combat loading
- Stoppage drills
- Transition drills
- Firing while moving
- Engaging multiple targets
- Firing from static vehicles
Candidates must be aged 21 or above.
Candidates must have basic level of firearms training (ex-forces, police).
You must hold an in-date passport with a minimum of 6 months validity.
You must hold a valid in-date driving licence.
Must be able to communicate effectively in written and spoken English.
Must be of reasonable health and fitness due to the nature of the course.
Assessment is by way of a practical exercise in both driver training and live fire exercise.
At the end of the driving and live firing course you will receive a certificate as proof of attendance.
Our driving and live firing course runs over 3 days.
Prices will include food, accommodation, pick-up and drop off at Erbil International Airport.
Flights and Visas are the individual’s responsibility, but advice and recommendations can be provided.
Price on application.