The RoSPA Accredited Defensive Driving Course (DDC) is a theory and competency based training package.
This course is designed to enhance a driver's understanding of hazards and risk based thinking, enabling them to minimise risk whilst driving.
As well as promoting an understanding of defensive driving principles, the course also seeks to encourage drivers to self-evaluate their own driving behaviours and understand thereafter how they are able to improve through driver education.
Topics covered include:
- Roles & Responsibilities of a Driver
- Understanding the system of vehicle control IPSGA
- Safe driver planning considerations, hazard awareness and space management
- First, last parades and planned halt checks
- Soft skin or B6 vehicle dynamics
- Driver stability control and driver aids, including IVMS
- Driver fatigue management
- Understanding time, speed and distance
- Effects of understeer / oversteer
- Principles of cornering
- Commentary driving
You must hold a valid in-date driving licence.
Candidates must be aged 21 or above.
Hold an in-date passport with a minimum of 6 months validity.
Must be able to communicate effectively in written and spoken English.
Must be of reasonable health and fitness due to the nature of the course.
Assessments are by way of a practical a driving exercise and question answers throughout the course. For IQA reasons some assessments may be filmed.
At the end of the RoSPA defensive driving course you will receive a certificate as proof of attendance.
Our RoSPA defensive driving course runs over 2 or 3 days.
It is recommended you request the 3 day package if you have not already received defensive driver training.
Prices will include food, accommodation, pick-up and drop off at Erbil International Airport.
Flights and Visas are the individual’s responsibility, but advice and recommendations can be provided.
Price on application.